Thursday 26 April 2007

POETRY - SPIRITUAL


Dartan:

The grandfather that I never knew, in person the early influence I craved,
No serene overview perspective, balancing youthful paternal authoritarian stricture.
Should it arise, which for me was the totality of my paternal guidance,
With a modicum of intimidation and violence most days, to top up my vacuous dessert,
From bestial overseer stepfather, the dark cloud that haunted my youth.
Shutting out the cockney sparrow guardian, loving light of my adolescence,
To herald the dark ages of my youth, without love, guidance or light,
Until my boating days, when I met that crazy old man and his dog afloat.
An open fireplace on a wooden boat, a contradiction in terms, that veiled genius behind apparent nonsense.
My teacher on the way of the system, my place on the path and the roots
And causes of the troubles, that hindered and plagued me throughout.
Where his understanding and experience, were to benefit me before he left,
Preparing me by clearing the way, of deep rooted obstacles, that might hinder my way.
There, but not deeply embedded, for me to experience and learn,
But not fail and fall, against impenetrable walls of karmic retribution.
Only to struggle and learn, to blossom forth in light and understanding,
For the benefit of all, on our journey from light again to light.

No comments: