Thursday 26 April 2007

POETRY - PHILOSOPHY


Druid Green:

With such eager glee, I fled the UK grey, for the Cyprus blue,
Never again returning to dwell, beneath the North Atlantic drift cocoon.
But to nightly watch the celestial bodies, in their twinkling dance,
A cyclic procession of the moon, following the glorious sunsets over Aphrodite’s Bay.
The royal mediterranean blue of the sky and sea, with helios himself,
Overseeing the stage from east to west, crimson to crimson.
The seas velvety thalassic touch at sunset, as the rocks release their minerals in homage,
To the perfectly synchronized, monthly changing of the celestial guard,
With the full moon rising to the setting sun, reappearing as the silver orb sets.
Or the gleaming cloud nebula, straddling the sky so clearly, during the absent new moon.
Proceeded by the perennial evening star, overseeing the baby crescent moon,
Arcing above the vacating sun, a glorious tri vertical pageant in fire,
Glowing over the hill peaked Akamas peninsula, inflaming the rolling sea.
First golden yellow, then crimson red, post impressionism in action.
But upon my prodigal return, to the land of my birth and education,
The deep dark green of even midsummer, mesmerized me as I journeyed home by train.
The following spring, as I watched the bursting green tree buds,
With their blossom, attracting me quicker than the bees,
I realized the power of this land, the worshipped trees of druidic antiquity.
Their oak flesh shaped, to conquer the world on the seas.
The key I perceived, was to focus on the green and not the grey,
A majestic glory and power given by the grey, the life blood from the ocean,
That sprinkles and engenders, our magnificent companions in their glory.

No comments: