Wednesday 4 April 2007

POETRY – RHYME


The Throne of Jupiter:

The cycle of isolation, a wooden cave afloat,
Retreating from the life, a hectic modern note.
Sex with booze and drugs, a miasmic rock ‘n’ roll,
Acid culture rejection, a turbid life on the dole.

A helter skelter wiz, my manic lower self,
The satyr sexual urge, instant combat elf.
Charley chilling brain, a hedonistic slave,
Of divisive ego, to an early grave.

Remedy downer barb, red with blue and yellow,
Synthetic endorph sub, for much imbalanced fellow.
A lowly death from pain, a blanket over life,
A much delayed encounter, with man’s perennial wife.

Tenacious narcotic monkey, a vampire on the back,
Funeral marches many, emotions on the rack.
Friday adrenalin fix, Monday morning blues,
Regular hashish rhythm, all is happy news.

Motor cycle rush, English weather bend,
Unseen barricade, skidding to my end.
Instant reflex jump, avoiding deathly blow,
Time for much reflection, in six months laden low.

Timely cosmic shock, a warning to behold,
Final chance reversal, for living live too bold.
Time to face my karma and realize the cause,
Of my pain and anguish, to now utilize this pause.

Exactly one year later, to my roots I went,
First step of my journey, back to heaven sent.
Next step was my dream, to venture Odysseus bound,
Reality my ordeal, karma I there found.

For twelve arduous years, I have laboured long,
In life’s many toils, that to me belong.
Now some light I see, showing me the way,
As guided once before, into the light of day.

No comments: