Monday 22 January 2007

POETRY - PHILOSOPICAL


Delusion or Lies

I wondered, as I attempted to fathom, the ramifications of these words,
That were fired broadside, from my old distant friend in his stupor.
Has he stagnated so much, or have I changed so radically,
Difficult to ascertain, to what degree either of us has changed,
But there is definitely a ranging gulf between us, when the sun has set.
What exactly am I witnessing, a slow degeneration by toxic poison,
Manifesting aggressive assertiveness, in posture & action.
The denial of truth, in forms flippant & self-destructive,
An interesting cameo of roles reversed, yet again, in a short passage of time.
And I wonder whether this drama I am witnessing, is purely for my benefit,
Perhaps subconscious, copy cat, subliminal reverse psychology.
Or is it degenerate behaviour, a physical & psychic disorder,
Oblivious of differing personalities & subtleties, in blasé besotted arrogance.

No comments: