Wednesday 17 January 2007

POETRY – LOVE


One Last Message

Just another hustler, my misfortune indeed.
To fall in love with the sweetest, most self-centred,
Selfish, intuitive and manipulative hypocrite.
Donning the white robes, of the New Age healer,
Liberated warrior of Light, seeking the energy of others.
Consciously or unconsciously, that is the question.
A major lesson for sure, educating me in misguided methods
Of shortcuts, to egotistical and spiritual exhibitionism.
A heavy price to pay indeed, to become a vehicle of darkness
And prevented from true advancement, to enlightenment and contentment.
In a helter skelter of illusion, on a road to oblivion,
A complete withdrawal and disconnection, the only course of action.
I wonder though perhaps, for I believe that I can no longer help,
For this repetitive annual summer, behavioural pattern must now end.
Clearly unacceptable and manipulative, self-seeking and grasping,
No return and no contact, the only true answer.
With no hypocritical platitudes and no bitterness,
Time to move free; but still my heart jumps to see her !
One last message ?

No comments: