Wednesday 17 January 2007

POEM - PHILOSOPHICAL


Birthday Blesson

An inspiring and busy reconnoiter of London town,
Enticing and warm contacts with ladies, whose birthday we share.
Invites and errands ignored, in recognition of family commitments and priorities,
A birthday dawn rush back, to my non-spiritual home.
To sleep and later discover, my daughter’s not unusual blasé forgetfulness,
A special day lost, in respect of a special person, who is unaware and does not care.
My sole Southampton mosh gift, a parking ticket for my ignored troubles,
The real gift, an emotional energy release, in preparation for this letdown and test.
Allowing a non-emotional reaction and decision, to now leave this scene behind
And follow the signs, to meet kindred souls and destiny in service and study.
To utilize my thorough and full rounded education, in Gemini London my twin,
The place of my conception, my mother’s vocation and education.
My father’s business and politics, my cockney guardian and godfather.
The Grand Hall awaits me and soon I will finally shed this skin,
This cocoon of my youth, to move freely forward to the real work.
To where I always felt that I belonged, but now the signs also concur,
Indicating the time is now ripe, so why cry for silly girls,
When release is my gift and shackles their prize.

No comments: