Friday 26 January 2007

POETRY


Laundry

Oh yes, that perennial hustle for all travelers.
True monks, preach & practice detachment
And so consequentially, have two sets of simple clothes,
One to be washed every morning, during pre-breakfast personal & general chores.
Even having off-loaded most of my possessions, I never actually sustained that routine.
So here I am now, sat in the local bedsit launderette,
Watching my double load, of dirty linen rockin’n’rolling
And reflect, about how I am perhaps, slowly swinging back into an old routine.
But to be detached from possessions, means dependency on others,
So as a virtual stranger, returning home penniless & homeless
After five years abroad, means that adjustment may take some time.
Opportunities have to be sought & taken, in preparation
And so I am back, in a launderette, after a five year pause,
With a large bundle accrued, from twelve intense days straight labour.

No comments: