Wednesday 17 January 2007

POETRY - PHILOSOPHICAL


Change

Is it time
Is this the meaning of the changes in my fortune
This succession of abrupt endings and disappointments
Are these changes signs that I must change
But change what
My ways, my thinking, my friends
Or is it my work, my house or my location
Something new, but what
For sure this is an ending
Of a relationship, of a phase and a period of my life
But is this a change in emphasis or direction
Was my time a hiatus
A new beginning or a transition
A transformation and metamorphosis, in preparation for what
When will I know
How will I tell
Have I missed the signs that are all around me
Did I misread the ones that I saw
Or is this a test of patience and faith
That there are no signs of imminent change to read
That all will come soon
(Then the telephone rang)Da-ling da-ling, da-ling da-ling, da-ling da-ling:

No comments: