Sunday 4 March 2007

POETRY - LOVE


While the Iron is Hot

The moment has passed, I have missed my chance,
An opportunity that I had wished for and dreamed of for ages, has now gone.
To remain cool, a restrictive instinct to resist expressing emotion publicly,
Has yet again lost the moment, whose significance I never seem to realize,
Until it is too late, and the enticing warm smiles become exasperated dismissals.
Why does this happen, is it karmic, in that there is a retrospective lesson to learn.
Or is it a saving safety mechanism, orchestrated from myself above
And this shield is guiding me to love, as we blindly search in the dark.
Maybe the cause is pain or the lack of love and I recoil from this emotion I cannot grasp
For sure, it is becoming as strange to myself, as I suspect it has been for sometime to others.
But I suppose, it must again be the ethereal guiding hand, that I wield,
As nothing is coincidence or without significance, testing patience and faith.

No comments: