Saturday 3 March 2007

POETRY – LOVE


Chrissie

As I sit on a warm Sunday midday winters day, in my colonial style Madras room,
Writing my post Adyar Theosophical experiences, Elton John’s ‘Candle in the Wind’ plays,
Following the Karnataka singing melodies, instantly bringing you to mind and heart.
Oh my dear friend, my best friend from youth, the best man at my wedding,
Why are you not here with me now in Mother India, pursuing the mystics life
We were all inadvertently mimicking, in those heady bygone days.
A real sense of freedom here now man !
But what were we all searching for then my close friend, the love of our mother for sure !
In every conceivable way, without ever coming close to the Truth,
But ever helter skeltering, deeper into darkness and ignorance,
Shadows bouncing off imaginary walls, forever nursing our pain,
Completely unaware of their self-genesis and possible simplistic remedies.
As I was intuitively inspired to write this, I wondered if you were here with me,
That you had possibly been with me frequently, perhaps always.
But then I considered and enquired within, whether you were trapped,
At the location of your tragic illusion of release, that perhaps I can and should help you, That I ought to reflect upon this, in context, the significance and ramifications of it all,
Prior to my protracted prodigal return and perhaps overdue homecoming.

No comments: